Join the ART. Gallery Team
Gallery Internship Opportunities
The ART. Gallery internship program offers a unique opportunity to become involved in a variety of gallery operations and engage with artists. Interns will gain knowledge and hands-on experience through exposure to gallery activities and management (both artistic and administrative).
The internship is available to qualified applicants (college students and recent graduates) interested in pursuing careers in the arts, gallery, and museum fields. The program hires on a rolling basis and accepts applications year round. Interns will shadow the Gallery Director in day-to-day functions.* These opportunities include:
- Assist artists, collectors, and visitors
- Complete curatorial research and help curate exhibitions
- Facilitate social media projects
- Write and edit texts for press releases, newsletters, and catalogs
- Work with staff to learn gallery functions
- Organize gallery databases and archives
- Participate in strategic planning with art fairs
- Attend gallery openings and carry out event duties
- Attend local art-related events and lectures
* We will also accept interns who are well versed in digital media to work with our Graphic Designer and writing to work with our Communications Manager.
Internships are unpaid and run on a seasonal basis. To apply, email the Gallery Director at [email protected] with a (1) Cover letter including the name, phone number and e-mail address of the applicant, describing the applicant’s interest in the internship program, the gallery work, and reasons for applying; (2) CV including education and employment history; and (3) academic letter of recommendation.
Applicants will be contacted for an in-person interview following their application.